CAPITOL HILL & WASHINGTON MONUMENT
The Washington Monument dominates the skyline of the Nation's Capitol and is the main focal point of the National Mall. With an unbeatable view of the city and an incredible history to match, its no wonder its one of the toughest tickets in town. Tickets sell out months in advance and lines at the base can be hours long with no guarantee for entry. But, with our All Access: Capitol Hill and Washington Monument Tour we'll take you up to the very top to take in the world famous view with our reserved access.
But we'll start our tour at the world famous, U.S. Capitol Building to receive a guided tour from a certified Capitol docent. With reserved entry, we'll skip by more of the cities biggest lines, saving time and hassle. We'll visit the Rotunda, the Crypt and the Old Supreme Court Chamber in one of the cities most historic buildings. From there, we'll walk underground to the largest library in the world: The Library of Congress. We'll take in the beauty of the building and share stories from its troubled history.
Next, a short walk down historic Capitol Hill will bring us to Big Bus Tours, our transportation partner. Their double decker bus will bring give us a brief tour of the National Mall on the way to the top of the Washington Monument! After the tour, you'll have a 24 Hour Ticket to the Big Bus Blue and Red Lines allowing you to take their signature double decker buses around the Nationall Mall, to Arlington Cemetery, the Pentagon, Union Station and beyond!
- Washington Monument Tour - One of the toughest tickets in town, the Washington Monument is the tallest free standing masonry structure in the world (we'll tell you what that means!), the National Park Service will lead us up to the top for the greatest view in the city!
- Breathtaking Views- The views from the Monument are unparalleled in the city. Not only will you be able to see the other monuments around town, but a birds-eye view of the Nation's Capitol is nothing short of spectacular.
- U.S. Capitol Tour - Reserved Access to the historic U.S. Capitol Building will give us a docent-led tour through the halls of Congress to the visit the Rotunda, Crypt, Old Supreme Court Chamber, and more!
- Library of Congress - The Jefferson Building to the Library of Congress has long been regarded as one of the most beautiful buildings in the country. Hear the history of the Library and take in the amazing architecture with a walk through the halls of the largest library in the world.
- Big Bus Transportation - Included with your ticket is a 24 Hour Pass on Big Bus Tours signature, double decker tour buses. So, after our tour, you'll be able to travel around the National Mall and the rest of the DC's most famous sites with ease.
- Reserved Entrance to the US Capitol Building
- Entry into the Library of Congress
- Reserved Access to the Washington Monument
- 24 Hour Transporation around the National Mall provided by Big Bus Tours.
IMPORTANT Tour NOTES
- This tour is conducted primarily by foot.
- Big Bus Tour Ticket includes 24 hour Access to the Blue and Red Lines
- Due to security restrictions at the Washington Monument and US Capitol Building, the following items are not permitted. Please do not bring any of these items with you on tour or security may force you to throw them out.
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Food or drink of any kind
- Aersols (including aersol sunscreen)