Monuments, Memorials, & Arlington Cemetery Bike Tour
The National Mall is home to some of the most inspiring sites our country has to offer. From the memorials dedicated to President's and Civil Rights leaders, to tree-lined reflecting pools and Tidal Basin's, the National Mall is a place not easily forgotten. On our bikes, we'll bring you up close and personal to the traeasures of the National Mall.
After a brief stop for lunch*, we'll cross the Potomac River, over Memorial Bridge and into Arlington Virginia: home to our National Cemetery honoring those who fought for the United States. We'll park our bikes at the entrance and stroll across the hills of Arlington Cemetery visiting Arlington House, the Kennedy Gravesite and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier where we'll witness the incredible, Changing of the Guard.
- Arlington Cemetery - We'll cross the Potomac River and hop off our bikes at Arlington Cemetery to stroll around the hills and memorials honoring those who've served. We'll visit Arlington House, L'Enfant's Tomb, the Kennedy Gravesite, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier to witness the Changing of the Guard.
- Lincoln Memorial - A temple built on the edge of the Potomac River dedicated to the 16th President. It has been at the center of the Civil Rights movement for nearly a century. Get a great look down the Mall at Sundown from the top steps!
- Jefferson Memorial - Dedicated to our Third President, this striking memorial looks eerily similar to his house down in Virginia. Hear about the trouble caused when President Roosevelt tried to get a better view of it.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial - The Memorial with one of the largest footprints in D.C., this stunning Memorial to our longest serving President is divided into four "rooms", each representing one of his four terms in office
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial - One of the newest Memorials on the National Mall, the Martin Luther King honors the efforts of the amazing Civil Rights leader. Just steps away from where he delivered his famous "I have a Dream Speech," take in the beautiful memorial and read some of his strongest quotes on Civil Rights.
- Also See! - Vietnam Memorial, World War II Memorial, Korean Memorial, the Changing of the Guard, and much much more!
- Guide bike tour around National Mall Monuments and Memorials
- Guided walking tour around Arlington Cemetery
- *Stop for lunch (cost of lunch not included)
Important Tour Notes
- This tour includes a little over a mile of walking in Arlington Cemetery; which includes some hills and staircases
- We'll stop for concessions on the National Mall for lunch; options may be limited
- *Cost of lunch is not included; it is recommended to bring cash or credit to purchase food OR you are welcome to bring your own lunch
- All ages welcome on tour; but consider the length of the tour and included walking portion when considering bringing children